Welcome to our Blog! If you want to know what we've been up to, visit us here and we'll share all of our greatest adventures with you. Hope you enjoy!

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Strawberry Festival

Memorial Day Weekend (5/24/08) was the annual Strawberry Festival in Garden Grove (my home town). I seriously look forward to this weekend every year. It starts on a Friday night with the carnival (booths, rides, & food), then the openning parade is Saturday morning, and the rest of the carnival continues through to Monday.

In 2006, I took Jeremiah there for the first time. We got up to watch the parade and it was the first parade he had ever seen in person. I had actually marched in the parade when I was part of the Marching Band & Colorguard back in High School. He enjoyed the parade and the carnival so much that now he looks forward to it also.


I don't quite remember why we couldn't make it last year to the Festival, but we couldn't and said we would definitely make it this year. Well, it just so happened that our flight back from London arrived the night before the Parade. So we stayed at my parents' house on Friday night and woke up in time to see most of the parade that morning.


It was fun. Then we walked over to the carnival and purused around the booths looking at all the trinkets for sale. The rides are no longer a draw for me anymore as I just get sick on them now (is that a sign I'm getting old?) but the food is lots of fun. The best part is the straweberry desserts (it's not called the Strawberry Festival for nothing!).


We spent a little time there and then walked back to our car to go home. Here are a few pictures:

In line for the yummy Strawberry Dessert.

From the parade (mainly for Debbie & Jordan :) )

Oh, my silly parents :)

No comments: