Welcome to our Blog! If you want to know what we've been up to, visit us here and we'll share all of our greatest adventures with you. Hope you enjoy!

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Sara's 25th Birthday Surprises - Part 2

Last night Jeremiah took me out to dinner and a movie as a date night for my birthday celebrations. We had yummy Mexian food at El Torito (my food was a little too spicy - I got it mainly because it was the only chicken dish that came with guacamole so you didn't have to pay extra for it - so I ended up eating more of Jeremiah's than my own and he ate all of mine) and then went out to see Pride and Glory. There wasn't much of a selection to choose from as far as the movies went. He surprised me with the movie and I had no clue what we were going to see until I saw the title of the movie on the sceen in the theater. It was an okay movie but a little sickening as I'm sure the plot has happened (or something similar to it) and/or is happening. The language was a little more than I like to endure so if you don't like bad language, don't see this movie. All-in-all it was a fun night and a great way to start the celebrations.

This morning we took it easy and Jeremiah even made me breakfast! Eventually headed out to the Wild Animal Park (we're members). We spent a few hours there which was plenty as the sun was really wearing on me but it was still a lot of fun. We saw some areas of the park that we hadn't seen before and that's always exciting.

Then Jeremiah took me out to a late lunch/early dinner at one of our favorite pizza places in the area, Filipe's, and enjoyed very cheesey pizza, a delicious Anitpasto salad, amazing Rootbeer, and some good 'ol college football. (It was hilarious seeing the last few minutes of the fourth quarter count down on the clock and the cameras showing the kicker of one of the teams getting ready to kick the winning field goal if his team couldn't pull a touchdown first - the game was tied at 21-21. With 3 seconds left on the clock, they brought out the kicker for a 29 yard field goal. The crowd looked nervous and rightfully so as the cameras also kept showing clips of this kicker from previous games messing up field goal attempts. The ball was hiked, the kicker kicked, and the ball went straight into the tackiling offensive and defensive players and was batted down. It was so funny; it took a while for me to stop laughing. Eventually, after going into overtime, that same team, I believe it was Alabama, got a touchdown and ended up still winning the game - no thanks to their trustee kicker. I don't think he will be on the top of the draft list any time soon.)

We came back from lunch/dinner and went to my in-laws to meet their friend from Africa that has been staying with them for the past few days. His name is Solomon and he is one of the pastors they meet with when they go on missions trips to Kenya. It was great to finally meet him as we've heard so much about him from my mother-in-law.

Then we went out to the mall to try and find one fun shirt to wear in Vegas and we had much success and it only cost $0.03 after using some left-over money from a previous exchange. Not too shabby.

We then came home and started our packing for our trip. I'm very thankful that today wasn't any fuller than it was as I'm pretty worn out and I want to make sure I get plenty of rest before the trip.Well, that's all I have for now.

I'll share more about the trip when I get back!





No comments: